Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Insperations

In my very first post yesterday I mention two riders as being part of my inspiration for wanting to learn this trick. This is one of the riders, Alan Young. This photo was taken during the Straight Out of Indy Jam hosted by Mid-West Flatland. I was invited by Jake Jackson of Indy to attend. I have known Alan for about 2 years now and his progression has been most impressive. To my surprise he was gliding this crackpacker with a lot of control. I had a idea that he was working on it but I had no idea how smooth it was and under control. It was very cool to see such fast progression from him in just a short amount of time.
The other rider I mention is Cristiana Miller. I had the pleasure of riding with her and the Texas Flatland Roundup 2. I recently saw a picture of her doing a Crackpacker, Photo by Fat Tony! I was so impressed and I was already thinking about working on that trick next, that sealed the deal for me. I was more than ready to take on this trick and ready to share with the rest of the world my journey crackpackerackpacker.


Today during my session I worked on gliding this portion of the trick. I pushed off in a wheel chair and stepped down into the gliding position. It felt more natural today than it ever has. I also learned that if I bend my knees a little bit more I have even more control over my glide. I keep thinking its a double footed steam on the other side of the bike. I coasted about 15 feet today. It felt good go that far. Much further than I did in my first video. I know that my second video has to be much further and glide. I got much needed advice Crackpackers today on Global Flat and some words of encouragement from many other places. I know that it will take a lot of work but I am ready to put in the effort. I will do my best to make updates regularly and make things interesting and educational. Thanks to taking the time to visit.

Keep on Riding!!

No comments: