Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2, 2008 Progression Report

Okay this is day number 3 and I am feeling the pressure to make this trick happen. I am still working on learning how to roll it. I got a very cool unexpected phone call from Alan Young and we talked about some more tips. I took the tips that he gave me along with great tips from from Global Flat.

This group of tips from ondo stood out in my head when riding today.

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=18418.0

Some advices:
If you are entering them from stems-
O You have to keep the tire almost straight, don't lean it down a lot.
O Get over bars quickly, as it is hard to balance in that point between stems and cracks.
O When you are pulling the first leg(which is one the peg), take the hand of the bars.
O The motion is like when you lean the tire little bit on the circle inside, so you can easily put the leg over(and with put I mean, that you just SWING the bars behind your leg, when you have the leg forward.)
O That is the hardest to balance in this point. Hold the seat straight, because if the frame isn't standing straight, it will be hard for the balance.
O First leg will be easy to get over bars, the second is harder. Experiment, what is the smoothest and the fastest way to get it over the bars.
O Always bend in your knees a bit.
O It is also easier to go in large circles.
O When you just got into the crackpacker, take seat closer to you, so you aren't touching the bars with your butt.
O Remember that you are holding balance with the seat.

I had 2 decent rolls that I was very happy with. One was about 10 feet and the other was very close to 20 feet. I wanted to get to good length rolls today. I also noticed if I am pulling up on the seat while I am scuffing in the wheel chair that I have more control faster in the crackpacker. It still tires me out quickly but I am getting used to the muscles that I have to use.
On a slightly different note. Some one was asking me who took the pictures and video of me. That credit goes to my son, Caleb. He is very good with the Camera and has a natural eye when it comes to photography and video.
I will most likely not have time to ride tomorrow so I plan on updating the Blog on Saturday after our O.G. Saturday Session.

Keep on Riding!!

No comments: