Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Journey into the Crack Week 2


Today is week number 2 of my Journey into the Crackpacker.
Its truly amazing how much you can push your self when you set a goal and you step into the spotlight. When ever I am working with the crackpacker I keep thinking about everyone that is watching me and it pushes me even harder than if I was doing it alone. I usually spend less time doing tricks that I don't know and doing tricks that I do know how to do. Since I made the commitment to learn this trick I have pushed my self harder and harder each day that I can ride. Before the camera came on I had a couple of really good glides in inside circles. I got 1 full rotation in. It felt good but I was just rolling to slow to keep it up. I don't have the balance or the knowledge to pump as I slow down to gain speed. When I can coast a crackpacker and feel comfortable enough to switch back to a wheelchair I will then start to work on the ride in and ride out. I played around a tiny bit with it today but I really want to learn how to roll in the position first.
Specail thanks to my Family for helping with the photography and the videography. My wife shot the film and my son did the photography. We are truly a flatland family and they both support my efforts to keep push my own progression and keep pushing flatland into higher ground!
I will be attending the ATL Jam in Atlanta,Georgia on November 15, 2008 with several of my friends from the ATX Crew. It would be very cool if I could ride in by that time. Extra cool if I could ride out by that time too. But I am just taking it a day at a time. There are still a couple of days to vote. Please vote in the poll that I have made.

Keep on Riding!!

No comments: